Discover Somerby Croft
Set in the historic popular market town of Gainsborough, Somerby Croft has something for everyone, with a collection of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes and 2 bedroom bungalows.
Located adjacent to The Belt Road in Gainsborough, opposite the picturesque Thonock Park Golf Course, you will benefit from fantastic transport links. Rich in history and culture, you can enjoy the tranquility of being surrounded by picturesque villages, with the City of Lincoln just a 30 minute drive away.
There’s no shortage of great shopping experiences in this thriving town! Markets are held in the town centre, along with a regular Farmers Market within the award winning Marshall’s Yard shopping centre. Families benefit from a range of local primary and secondary schools, including The Gainsborough Academy.
It's your home, we just help create it!
- For Sale
- Future Release
- Affordable Home
- For Sale
- Future Release
- Affordable Home
Each home has been designed for modern life, boasting spacious, contemporary living spaces.
Gainsborough is an historic market town in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, located just 30 minutes from Lincoln to the south and Scunthorpe to the north.
Rich in history, Gainsborough appears in the 1086 Domesday Book, with mention of Gainsborough Old Hall – one of the UK’s best-preserved manor houses – which is still attracting visitors to the town today. But it’s not just Gainsborough’s links with the past that make it such an attractive place to live.
The town has seen significant development in recent years, with a significant new retail offering, restaurants and farmers markets making it the perfect place for families, young professionals or downsizers looking to enjoy some well-earned ‘down time’.
Things to do
Gainsborough has something for all the family. There’s Gainsborough Model Railway, Shepherd’s Place Farm and Sundown Adventureland for the children, with Trinity Arts Centre, go-karting and a range of shopping and eating options for adults.
But the jewel in Gainsborough’s crown is truly Marshall’s Yard.
Marshall’s Yard is located in the heart of the town. With over 30 shops onsite, this converted iron works now houses a fabulous selection of stores – which include Next, Fat Face, Seasalt and more. It’s the perfect destination to catch up with friends over a coffee or to enjoy a leisurely family lunch at one of the many dining options.
There are a variety of supermarkets in Gainsborough including Morrisons, Tesco and Lidl. You’ve got everything you could possibly need all in one place!
The are over 10 primary schools within the area of Somerby Croft including Castle Wood Academy, Mercer’s Wood Academy and The Gainsborough Parish Church Primary School. The Queen Elizabeth High School Gainsborough, The Gainsborough Academy and Huntcliff School are also fantastic secondary school options very close-by.
Cleveland Surgery is the nearest doctors’ surgery to Somerby Croft. Along with the nearby John Coupland Hospital and The Forum Dental Practice all located close-by, at Somerby Croft all of your health needs are conveniently catered for.
Keep physically fit at Vertical Fitness, which is less than a mile away. The town is also home to the semi-professional football club Gainsborough Trinity FC and Gainsborough Rugby Club – so whether you enjoy playing or simply spectating, it’s a great opportunity to get out in the fresh air and enjoy some live sport!
Transport links from Gainsborough are fantastic. The nearest train station to Somerby Croft is Gainsborough Central Station, which is just 1 mile away. From here, you have a direct link to Lincoln – and beyond.
Doncaster Airport is conveniently located just 11 miles away – so you won’t have to travel far when you’re jetting off on your summer holiday!
Close to the M180 and the A1, Gainsborough is also easily accessible by road.
- Carpet flooring throughout (excluding kitchen / utility / dining and washrooms)
- Laminate flooring to kitchen / dining rooms
- Ceramic flooring to bathroom / en-suite / cloakroom (plots 61 onwards)
- Turfed front garden
- Turfed rear garden (up to 150m2 including a 100mm top soil border)
- Roller style garage doors (where applicable)
- Garage floor and internal walls painted (where applicable)
- Bi-fold doors
- Private appointment at The Design Lounge
- Floor plan layout options
- Bespoke kitchen design service
- Extensive selection of Porcelanosa ceramic wall tiles available
- Choice of two emulsion wall colours
- Telephone points to lounge, bedroom one & study (where applicable)
- Sky dish and digital TV & radio aerial
- Data / TV points to lounge and bedroom one
Safety and Security
- Hi-security multi-point door locking system to front entrance
- External light fitting to front entrance
- 6ft privacy fencing to rear gardens
- Gate to rear garden
- Security locks to windows (where applicable)
- Contemporary chrome handles fitted to all doors and windows
- Smoke Alarm
- Security Alarm (excluding First Step range)
- Extensive selection of contemporary and traditional doors and laminate worktops
- Neff oven
- Neff hob with extractor
- Neff fridge with ice box (excluding First Step range)
- Neff integrated dishwasher (to Legacy and Signature ranges)
- Shaver socket above basins in bathroom / en suite
- Down-lights to bathroom / en suite / cloakroom / kitchen and utility (where applicable)
- Brushed chrome sockets and switches (to Legacy Range)
Plumbing and Heating
- Dual-zoned heating system with separate thermostat
- Combination boiler system
- White towel rails to washrooms (excluding First Step range)
- Thermostatic valves to all radiators (except hallway, bedroom one and bathroom / cloakroom / en-suite)
- External tap
- Energy ‘Smart Meter’
- Thermostatically controlled shower over bath or in separate cubical in en-suite
- Soft close toilet seats
- Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware
How to find us..
Somerby Croft development, Canwick way (off Sunningdale Way), Gainsborough, DN21 1QD
Somerby Croft has a prime position in scenic surroundings adjacent to The Belt Road in Gainsborough, and accessed of The Avenue. These strong transport links mean Robin Hood/Doncaster Airport is less than 30 minutes drive and Lincoln just a short trip away.