We have a rare opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our busy Technical team, based at our Head Office in Hessle. The team comprises the quantity surveying, estimating, procurement and architectural departments. All departments work very closely together, with the overall responsibility and purpose to design, specify and cost engineer our developments to ensure we are delivering the best quality homes at the best possible cost. The works of the Quantity Surveyors are critical to ensure continued viability and accurate costing at all stages through the construction process. The successful applicant needs to be enthusiastic and self-motivated and flexible to pick up different work and sites as required. The role is office based but there will be a requirement to visit site monthly.
- Producing Bills of Quantities for budget preparation
- Taking off materials and setting up material schedules for ordering
- Sub-contractor enquiry document preparation and analysis including negotiations with contractors and order placing.
- Preparation and issuing of labour targets for site tradesmen.
- Checking and approval of tradesmen’s weekly time sheets
- Checking of subcontractor invoices for payment
- Monthly site visits to check progress and material stocks then valuing progress each month to ensure cost to complete for a development is adequate to complete the site works within the construction budget set.
- Commitment to delivering a first-class service.
- Professional confident approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
- HNC level in Quantity Surveying or general construction
- Full understanding of current market conditions and rates
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a house build contractor.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 23 days’ holiday
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Death in service insurance
- Private medical insurance
- On-site free parking
This role is 37.5 hours per week, working Monday or Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Job Types: Permanent
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
All staff are required to have their temperatures taken on arrival. All staff are expected to follow strict COVID-19 guidelines including wearing face masks when not sat at their desk. Social distancing is always in place, including during staff meetings.