Discover The Swale II
Set in the historic popular market town of Gainsborough, The Swale has something for everyone, with a collection of 1, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes.
Located off Corringham Road, close to the picturesque Thonock Park Golf Course, you will benefit from fantastic transport links. Rich in history and culture, you can enjoy the tranquility of being surrounded by picturesque villages, with the City of Lincoln just a 30 minute drive away.
There’s no shortage of great shopping experiences in this thriving town! Markets are held in the town centre, along with a regular Farmers Market within the award winning Marshall’s Yard shopping centre. Families benefit from a range of local primary and secondary schools, including The Gainsborough Academy.
It's your home, we just help create it!
The Swale II
- For Sale
- Future Release
- Affordable Home
Each home has been designed for modern life, boasting spacious, contemporary living spaces.
The historical market town of Gainsborough is a delightful spot in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire. Homes at The Swale are located just 30 minutes from Lincoln to the south and Scunthorpe to the north.
A historical hotbed, Gainsborough appears in the 1086 Domesday Book, with mention of Gainsborough Old Hall – one of the UK’s best-preserved manor houses – a landmark which continues to attract visitors to the town to this day. Recent, significant developments in the town mean it is no longer only its links to the past which make Gainsborough an attractive place to live.
New retail offerings, quality restaurants and weekend farmers markets make choosing a home from The Swale development the perfect choice for families, young professionals or downsizers looking to enjoy a balance between the old and the new.
Things to do
If you’re a family or individual looking for weekend entertainment and plenty to keep you occupied, Gainsborough is the perfect place to live. Nearby, train enthusiasts will find Gainsborough Model Railway, with Shepherd’s Place Farm and Sundown Adventureland for the children just minutes away. Trinity Arts Centre, go-karting and a range of shopping and eating options make sure every one of every age has something to do.
The real jewel in Gainsborough’s crown is Marshall’s Yard.
Located in the heart of the town, Marshall’s Yard has over 30 shops. A beautiful, converted iron works now houses a fabulous selection of stores – which include Next, Fat Face, Seasalt and many more. It’s the perfect destination to enjoy lunch and retail therapy – with a large selection of eateries and coffee shops.
For the weekly big shop, Morrisons, Tesco and Lidl are all on your doorstep, so you’ll never have to travel far for your essentials.
The area surrounding The Swale has over 10 primary schools including Castle Wood Academy, Mercer’s Wood Academy and The Gainsborough Parish Church Primary School. If you’re interested in the calibre and location of the local secondary schools, The Queen Elizabeth High School Gainsborough, The Gainsborough Academy and Huntcliff School are also fantastic options which sit nearby.
The Swale’s nearest doctors surgery is Cleveland Surgery, with the John Coupland Hospital and The Forum Dental Practice both located close-by. You can be sure that all your health needs are conveniently catered for at The Swale.
Fitness fanatics (or indeed thos with good intentions) will be pleased to not that there are plenty of clubs and centres nearby. Vertical Fitness gym is less than a mile away and the town is also home to the semi-professional football club Gainsborough Trinity FC and Gainsborough Rugby Club. Whether you enjoy playing or simply spectating, it’s a great opportunity to get out in the fresh air and enjoy some live sport!
Transport links from Gainsborough are fantastic. The nearest train station to The Swale is Gainsborough Central Station, which is just 1 mile away. From here, you have a direct link to Lincoln – and beyond.
Doncaster Airport is conveniently located just 11 miles away – so you won’t have to travel far when you’re jetting off on your summer holiday!
Close to the M180 and the A1, Gainsborough is also easily accessible by road.
The Swale II
- Carpet flooring throughout (excluding kitchen / dining and washrooms)
- Laminate flooring to kitchen / dining rooms
- Ceramic flooring to bathroom / en-suite (Legacy Range only)
- Vinyl flooring to bathroom / en-suite (to Aspire and First Step Range)
- Turfed front garden
- Topsoiled rear garden
- Roller style garage doors (where applicable)
- Garage floor and internal walls painted (where applicable)
- Private appointment at The Design Lounge
- Floor plan layout options
- Bespoke Kitchen design service
- Extensive selection of Porcelanosa ceramic wall tiles available
- Choice of two emulsion wall colours
- Broadband connection facility
- Sky aerial installed and wired for sky to lounge
- Data / TV points to lounge and bedroom 1
Safety and Security
- Hi-security multi-point door locking system to front entrance
- External light fitting to front entrance
- 6ft privacy fencing to rear gardens
- Gate to rear garden
- Security locks to windows (where applicable)
- Contemporary chrome handles fitted to all doors and windows
- Smoke Alarm
- Extensive selection of contemporary and traditional doors and laminate worktops
- Neff oven
- Neff hob with extractor
- Neff fridge with ice box (excluding First Step range)
- Neff integrated dishwasher (Legacy Range only)
- Shaver socket above basins in bathroom / en-suite
- Down-lights to bathroom / en-suite / cloakroom / kitchen and utility (where applicable)
Plumbing and Heating
- Dual-zoned heating system with separate thermostat
- Combination boiler system (Aspire and First Step Range) (Pressurised gas central heating system to the Legacy Range)
- Towel rails to washrooms (excluding First Step range)
- Thermostatic valves to all radiators (except hallway, bedroom 1 and bathroom / cloakroom / en-suite)
- External tap
- Energy ‘Smart Meter’
- Thermostatically controlled shower over bath or in separate cubical in en-suite
How to find us..
The Swale Marketing suite, Corringham Road, Gainsborough DN21 1EQ.
The Swale has a prime position in scenic surroundings close to The Belt Road in Gainsborough, these strong transport links mean Robin Hood/Doncaster Airport is less than 30 minutes drive and Lincoln just a short trip away.