Quantity Surveyor (Head Office, Hull)
Due to continued expansion, our Technical Department are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
Our Technical team comprises the quantity surveying, estimating, procurement and architectural departments. All departments work very closely together, with the overall responsibility and purpose to design, specify and cost engineer our developments to ensure we are delivering the best quality homes at the best possible cost. The works of the Quantity Surveyors are critical to ensure continued viability and accurate costing at all stages through the construction process.
The Quantity Surveyor will report directly to the Technical Manager, under the Associate Technical Director.
- Measuring, pricing, and budget preparation through to completion
- Measuring and setting up material schedules for ordering
- Sub-contractor enquiry document preparation and analysis
- Negotiations with contractors and order placing
- Preparation and issuing of labour targets for site tradesmen
- Checking and approval of tradesmen’s weekly time sheets
- Checking of subcontractor invoices for payment
- Monthly site visits to check progress and material stocks
- Qualified to HNC in Quantity Surveying or General Construction
- Experience of working within the new build housing industry
- A full understanding of current market conditions and rates
- Be able to control cost on all trades and contractors
- Highly numerate with great attention to detail
- Good IT skills will be required, particularly with Microsoft software packages
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Death in service insurance
- Private medical insurance
Please apply by email, enclosing an up to date CV.